Friday 19 June 2009

Lucky for some... 13th June

5 Ways Lakes. "5 ways" only goes half way to the number of different methods and baits that were used by everyone to find the fish or should I say try and find the fish. It was a really nice day but where were the fish?

It was bloody hard work and I thought that I was in with a chance when I was streets ahead with my massive 7lb+ netfull until the scales reached "Lucky" Mark and "Dodgy" Wayne who must have conspired to bring extra fish with them to boost their nets to 15lb+ and 16lb+ respectively.

It was very unfortunate that the fishing wasn't as good as the breakfast but the owners are still relatively new and I guess we can keep an eye on the place and see if it develops.

Billy looked very pleased to meet Kevin but I don't think the feeling was mutual as he notched up the first DNW of the year for the club. Sorry Kevin but it was always going to happen to someone.

Interpharma at Heronbrook next for the 2 5-man teams followed a week later by the Arena Invitation at Wiggs. Will the local pro (Mix) make good his knowledge and lead his team to victory or will the James gang ride off with the trophy for a second year. We'll tell you here later.

P.S. The rivers are open again!

No comments: